Busuttin Racing is currently seeking a new stable foreperson to add to our evolving stable at Cranbourne.
The successful applicant will have a comprehensive background in thoroughbred racing (ideally 5+ years experience working in a stable environment) and will work closely with co-trainers Trent Busuttin & Natalie Young, as well as senior stable staff.
A highly-competitive salary package will be offered to the right applicant, commensurate with your experience.
- 5+ years working in a stable environment. Previous leadership experience will be highly regarded.
- Demonstrate a wide ranging ability of handling horses, from yearlings through to experienced thoroughbreds.
- Ability to educate horses on the ground, in a swimming pool as well as barrier education.
- Race day experience representing a stable.
- Whilst not essential, the ability to drive a horse float/truck will be highly regarded.
- Demonstrate a knowledge of the rules of racing, specifically those related to the medical treatment of thoroughbred racehorses.
- Knowledge of occupational health & safety protocols and best stable practices.
What the role entails:
- Manage the daily training regime of individual horses as advised by trainers Trent Busuttin & Natalie Young.
- Co-ordinate a team of ground-staff on a daily basis to ensure all regular work duties are carried out in an efficient, safe and responsible manner.
- Co-ordinate staff rosters with the assistance of fellow senior stable staff.
- Provide regular and accurate feedback to trainers Trent Busuttin & Natalie Young.
- Maintain a close relationship with stable vets to ensure the ongoing welfare of horses is held to the highest possible standard.
- Maintain horse records in line with Racing Australia, Racing Victoria (or any other governing jurisdictions) requirements.
- Travelling to jump outs, barrier trials & race days and representing the stable.
Please email a covering letter outlining your motivation for this vital role and why you would be a great fit to the Busuttin Racing team, along with an up to date resume (including references) to Melinda Seebold.
For any further questions relating to this role and your suitability please contact Melinda on 0400 336 663.