John Sadler Racing is seeking an experienced Fast Track Rider for their Caulfield stables. The position requires 5 - 6 mornings per week and is offered on a full time basis.
You must be able to ride 6 - 10 horses per morning with the ability to ride timed work as well as educate young horses through the barriers.
The salary is above award in the range of $54,000 - $56,000 per annum.
All applicants must have a minimum of 2 years' full time professional experience in the role. In addition, the following will be required:
- Knowledge and experience of horse training and handling methods specific to thoroughbred racing
- Proven ability to educate young horses
- Oral and written communication skills of a level to take instruction and provide instruction and information
- Ability to work in a team and independently
- Knowledge of safe operation of all equipment and use of personal protective equipment
- Sound knowledge of workplace health and safe regulations and obligations and demonstrated skills in safe operation of equipment relevant to the training and preparation of racehorses.
- Licensed Racing Victoria (or similar) Track Work Rider
- A Certificate III or equivalent International qualification
Please submit detailed resume and two written references to email@example.com.