Newhaven Park, one of Australia’s leading thoroughbred nurseries, is seeking a qualified Equine Veterinary Nurse for the upcoming breeding season. Commencing August 2018 to January 2019 with potential to lead to a Permanent Position/Sponsorship Opportunity.
Newhaven Park is situated in the beautiful Hilltops region of New South Wales, 3.5 hours from Sydney, 2 hours from Canberra and approximately 25 minutes and 35 minutes from the towns of Boorowa and Cowra respectively.
The farm is 8500 acres of rolling hills nestled around the Boorowa river and has been run by the Kelly family for four generations, producing 50 G1 winners. Newhaven currently stands dual Group One winner and Champion 3YO Colt Xtravagant and will foal down approximately 200 mares in the upcoming season.
You will be responsible for providing veterinary care of horses in all aspects of veterinary services, administering pre and post foaling care to mares and foals. Tasks will also include handling mares and foals for examinations and treatments; monitoring and treating mares before during and after foaling as well as other tasks directed by veterinarians and management; keeping records of standard medical examinations and check-ups, injections, fluid administration; oral medications and other medical procedures; taking care and maintenance of all instruments and equipment used in line of duty; keeping track of stock levels
An enthusiastic, team-oriented equine nurse with a passion for delivering the highest standards of service and care, you have proven experience as an equine veterinary nurse in a clinical setting with experience in emergency triage, medical and surgical nursing.
Skills & Attributes
- Certificate IV in Veterinary Nursing or equivalent
- At least 1-year experience as a vet nurse with knowledge in all vet nursing tasks
- Demonstrate experience and high-level expertise in general horse handling
- Competent in blood taking, catheter placement and running in house bloods
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to remain calm and work efficiently during busy and stressful periods.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Must be able to multitask
- A positive “can do “attitude
An attractive remuneration package will be discussed with the successful applicant and on-site accommodation is available
To apply, please send your CV and Cover Letter to John Kelly at