Godolphin Australia is currently seeking highly experienced and capable staff to join our stables and stud farms. Positions are available at Warwick Farm NSW, Agnes Banks NSW, Kelvinside NSW, Denman NSW, Flemington VIC and Northwood VIC.
- Young Horse Trainer/Rider - able to ride 8 -10 horses per morning (with particular emphasis on riding pace/timed work and jump outs)
- Young Horse Trainer/Breaker - able to start and ride horses for the first and subsequent times and pre-train the young horses for a racing career
- Horse Trainer/Junior Foreperson – able to educate our young horses on the ground with ability to manage a small team of horses and staff under the direction of the head foreperson.
- Horse Trainer/Breeding – able to educate yearlings and other young stock, foal mares, assist Veterinarian with ultrasound/reproduction examinations and provide the appropriate health care as well re-educating horses as required.
- Horse Trainer/Stallions – able to train and educate stallions, daily care and management of stallions, maintain safe and hygienic conditions in the stable area, ensure stallions receive sufficient exercise, clean, check horses before and after breeding
The salary will be above award – in the range of $54,000 to $56,000 per annum depending upon the location and level of responsibility. All positions are full-time.
Proven elite level experience is required for all four roles. All applicants must have a minimum of 3 years of full time professional experience in the role.
In addition, the following will be required:
- Proven ability to train and educate young horses
- Ability to work in a team and independently (or proven management experience if the position is for a foreperson role)
- Knowledge of safe operation of all equipment and use of personal protective equipment
- Sound knowledge of health and safety obligations and demonstrated skills in safe operation of equipment relevant to the training and preparation of racehorses
- A Certificate III or equivalent International qualification
A long term commitment is essential.
Please provide a detailed CV with the names and number of two phone referees. All applications will be dealt with in the strictest confidence.
Please send all applications to email@example.com