Australia’s leading Thoroughbred auctioneer, Inglis, requires a Deputy Complex/Facilities Manager for their new, modern Thoroughbred Horse complex, Riverside Stables, situated at Warwick Farm.
This is a full-time role within the Inglis environment which now includes an international hotel adjacent to Warwick Farm Racecourse.
The primary focus of the role includes working alongside the Facilities Manager maintaining a complex of 800 stables. The role also involves managing and co-ordinating contractors and a team of casual staff, general building and grounds maintenance with the ability to solve problems.
The right person for this role will be able to demonstrate their ability to act as Manager in the absence of the Facilities Manager and will also be required to have a desire to develop strong relationships with both the Inglis team, external clients (vendors), industry personnel, contractors and staff at The William Inglis Hotel.
Due to the nature of the Inglis operation, the successful candidate will be required to undertake additional work which is outside of usual business hours.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Handling horses
- Building and grounds maintenance
- Stable management before, during and after sales
- Manage contractors
- Manage a team of casual staff
Desirable Technical skills:
- Forklift Licence
- Driver’s Licence
- Sound knowledge and experience in Thoroughbred Horse Stable Management
- Computer skills – MS applications
- Basic understanding of accounting principles
- Flexible attitude with a ‘can do’ personality
- Understanding of OH & S
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Exceptional organisational skills with the ability to meet deadlines
- Problem solving with diplomacy
- Ability to liaise with external industry professionals
- Excellent personal presentation and communication skills (both written and verbal)
Applications regarding this position can be made to firstname.lastname@example.org
no later than Friday, 1st December, 2017.