YOUR TICKET TO A WINNING CAREER
The Australian Turf Club (ATC) prides itself on being one of the world’s most desirable destinations for Thoroughbred racing, events and hospitality with four (4) premier racing and entertainment venues: Royal Randwick; Rosehill Gardens; Canterbury Park, and; Warwick Farm.
The ATC conducts 110 race meetings and hosts over 400 diverse non-race day events annually across our venues.
We are currently seeking suitably qualified casual Gap Attendants to be based at either Royal Randwick, Rosehill Gardens or Warwick Farm Racecourse.
The casual position will generally be rostered 1-2 days per week, however, has the potential to be up to 6 days a week if required to relieve the full-time team.
This Gap Attendant is responsible for managing the gap/crossing during horse track work.
DAY TO DAY, THE ROLE WILL:
- Oversee the gap for horse and rider safety during track work nbetween 03:30am-09:30am;
- On Occasion be required during the barrier trials 03:30am-11:30am;
- Liaise with track work riders;
- Monitor the closing and opening of the gates for horse and rider safety;
- check each rider for correct safety equipment before they can ride on the track;
- Lead loose horses into the enclosure;
- Clean/muck out the stalls/hose docks after track work;
- Use two-way radios to communicate between team members;
- Be vigilant regarding safety and report any incidents or near misses that occur;
- Identify risks and report on findings;
- Inspect tracks in the morning before training commences.
- Experience working around and with horses is essential;
- A demonstrable ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Sound oral and interpersonal communication skills;
- Sound literacy and numeracy skills;
- Ability to identify rider safety gear and horse gear;
- A Safety conscious approach and ability to conduct safety checks and assessments;
- Embody ATC Values of Care, Collaborate, Own and Bold
WHAT WE OFFER:
- The opportunity to work with a professional and dedicated team;
- Free onsite parking;
- Regular casual shifts with a generous hourly rate.
Applications close on Monday, 21 June 2021.
To apply, visit: https://www.australianturfclub.com.au/our-careers/