YOUR TICKET TO A WINNING CAREER
The Australian Turf Club (ATC) prides itself on being one of the world’s most desirable destinations for Thoroughbred racing, events and hospitality with four (4) premier racing and entertainment venues: Royal Randwick; Rosehill Gardens; Canterbury Park, and Warwick Farm.
The ATC conducts 110 race meetings and hosts over 400 diverse non-race day events annually across our venues.
- Casual Cadet and Casual Experienced Barrier Attendants are required to work at Jumpouts at Royal Randwick Racecourse;
- The Jumpouts are generally held on Friday’s from 6am to 8.30am (minimum shift is 4 hours pay);
- The employment category will be determined depending on the candidates’ relevant and previous experience;
- Other shifts (trials and race meetings) may be offered to the successful candidate/s in the future.
DAY TO DAY, THE ROLE WILL:
- Handle and load horses into the starting stalls;
- Assist jockeys/riders with their mounts within the starting stalls;
- Adhere to Health & Safety procedures including wearing the applicable Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and uniform at all times;
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Reliable and hard-working approach;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Embody the ATC Values of Collaborate, care, Own & Bold;
- Previous experience working with Horses desirable;
- Previous experience working as a barrier attendant desirable;
- Horse float driving experience would be advantageous.
No Horse Handling Experience?
Basic training will be given to the right candidate/s who have little or no previous horse handling experience.
WHAT WE OFFER
- The opportunity to work with a passionate, professional, and dedicated team;
- Working in a team orientated environment;
- Ongoing training;
- Assistance with gaining accreditation with RNSW as a qualified barrier attendant;
- Free onsite parking.
Applications close on Tuesday, 22 June.
To apply, visit: www.australianturfclub.com.au/our-careers/