Your ticket to a winning career
Australian Turf Club operates Sydney’s four racecourses; Royal Randwick, Warwick Farm, Rosehill Gardens and Canterbury Park. We provide world-class Thoroughbred racing all year round with Autumn and Spring Carnivals being our pinnacle showcase times for fashion, social and racing. When we aren’t racing we are a renowned award winning culinary, events and entertainment venue.
At Australian Turf Club ‘The Heart of Sydney Racing’ we believe our people are at the heart of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who are true team players, customer focused and thrive on meeting challenges. In return you will be rewarded with a unique, diverse and exciting employment experience.
About the role
Reporting to the Starter, the Casual Assistant Starter will work to ensure all horses are correctly and safely loaded into the barrier stalls allowing all races to start at their advertised times. More specifically the role will:
- Assist in implementing the operating procedures - ensure all horses are correctly and safely loaded into the barrier stalls allowing all races to start at the advertised race time
- Assist in implementing relevant starting procedures at barrier trials and jump outs
- Assist to ensure horse identification microchips are scanned in the parade ring
- Assist the Starter in the rostering and managing of the Barrier Attendants
- Ensure barrier staff are wearing applicable safety equipment in their roles
- Ensure barrier staff are wearing the correct uniform at all times
- Ensure all Farrier and Ambulance staff are in attendance at the barrier stalls at race meetings and barrier trials
- Attend Racing NSW Stewards enquiries where required
ATC welcomes applications from individuals who meet the following criteria or are willing to learn and be trained in the role
- Previous experience in a Starter, Assistant Starter, Barrier Attendant or similar role
- Excellent horse handling skills and ability to work under pressure
- Knowledge of the thoroughbred racing industry – Racing operations, WHS and the Rules of Racing
- Experience managing/leading people
To apply, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by close of business Monday, 24 July 2018.