Harness Racing New South Wales (HRNSW) conducts the commercial and regulatory functions of the harness racing industry in NSW. Operating under the Harness Racing Act 2009, HRNSW is chartered to operate autonomously of government in managing the strategic and commercial development of harness racing in NSW as a not-for-profit corporate body.
A full-time vacancy exist in the Bankstown office for the position of Cadet Steward.
Reporting to the Chairman of Stewards the successful applicant will be required to undertake the following duties:
* Attend harness race meetings within NSW
* Work on Steward panels
* Undertake office administration duties inclusive of Handicapping & Registration
* Given the nature of the position, you will be required to work nights and/or weekends as well as Public Holidays
The successful applicant will be provided with on and off the job training and may be required to undertake future studies to advance their career as well as being relocated to a regional area if required.
The Applicant should have the following skills and knowledge:
* A NSW drivers licence or the ability to obtain a licence is essential.
* Possess knowledge of or have a keen interest in the Harness Racing Industry and an interest in regulatory matters.
* Knowledge and experience with working with horses is an advantage
* Applicants must encompass integrity, be highly motivated, have a high work ethic and be competent in the use of the MS Office (espically Excel and Word)in a LAN enviroment or the ability to learn these skills.
* A commitment to working in a team environment and adherence to the HRNSW staff policy manual and Code of Conduct.
Short listed applicants will be required to undergo a probity check.
Please send applications by 5pm Friday 28 August 2020.
Please email your resume and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information please call Grant Adams (02) 9722 6600