We are currently seeking applications for a full time Cadet Steward within our Harness Racing code. Reporting to the Chief Steward Harness, this is an exciting career opportunity to learn all aspects of Racing Administration and Stewardship within the Harness code. The Cadetship will be in place for a minimum of two years. On the successful completion of your training you will then be promoted to the position of Steward. As part of this role there is a requirement for significant evening, weekend and public holiday work.
Having completed year 12, you will have an interest in developing your knowledge and skills within this unique career path. With your demonstrated problem solving, superior communication and interpersonal skills you shall benefit from excellent training and development opportunities within a supportive and exciting working environment.
Ideally to be successful in this role you will need
• Year 12 certificate or equivalent
• Well developed problem solving and analytical skills
• Practical and theoretical knowledge of horses
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Sound computer literacy skills – Microsoft Office/Windows environment
• Experience within the racing industry would be an advantage
• Contribute to the success and integrity of WA Racing;
• Career opportunity with on the job mentoring and training;
• Working within an organisation that generates over a 2 billion dollar turnover;
• Learning and development opportunities.
How to apply
• Prepare a brief cover letter outlining how you meet each of the above criteria;
• Include an indication of your salary expectations;
• Forward your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about this position please visit our website www.rwwa.com.au
Applications should be forwarded by close of business Thursday, 11 October 2018.