About Racing Australia
Racing Australia is the national body comprised of Australia's eight State and Territory Principal Racing Authorities which regulate the Thoroughbred industry.
Racing Australia's primary functions and responsibilities are to administer and manage:
- the Australian Rules of Racing and the Rules of the Australian Stud Book;
- the intellectual property conducted through Racing Materials; and
- Information services for the Australian horse racing industry.
The primary role will be to contribute to the development and National roll out of Racing Australia's Single National System.
The position requires the incumbent to develop working relationships with management, peers, project team members .
To be successful in this position, the Business Analyst:
- Has a minimum of 3-years working as a Business Analyst.
- Assists the product owner with articulating user stories, estimating and prioritising them for the development team
- Must be able to lead a small project team of developers and testers when managing and delivering team outcomes
- Gathers requirements from different stake holders, including the Principal Racing Authorities.
- Contributes to the planning of projects in a proactive manner, turning the project requirements into working software, using the disciplines of technical analysis, detailed design, architecture and testing.
- Able to apply different methods to estimate story size.
- Understands the business and IT processes in order to anticipate and contribute to addressing and resolving the business requirements.
- Uses domain knowledge in solution development and creating narratives.
- Understands and is comfortable working with the user story format, and manages distinctions between levels of granularity in stories and in estimating.
- Communicates clearly with awareness of the wider stakeholders' expectations of the developed product
- Understands the content of quality user stories and related artefacts throughout the various phases of a project, using the INVEST principle.
- A technical background with .NET software development would be advantageous
- Scrum and/or BA certifications are highly regarded.
- Sound oral and written communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to deliver the project in given time frames
- A knowledge of and/or interest in the Australian Racing Industry would be advantageous