A rare and exciting opportunity has arisen at Baramul Stud in the beautiful Widden Valley for the positions of Broodmare Manager & Operations Manager. The 2 positions would ideally be suited to a couple looking to join a large and exciting team.
The position of “Broodmare Manager” would ideally suit someone who has:
- Excellent staff management skills.
- Exceptional horse handling skills.
- Experience within all areas of Thoroughbred Reproduction.
- The ability to work in a professional, organised manner with attention to detail.
- A thorough understanding and ability to work within OH&S Principals.
- Experience working on a large thoroughbred farm is vital for this position.
The position of “Operations Manager’’ would ideally be suited to someone who has:
- Excellent communication and people skills.
- Ability to manage a large team to achieve optimum productivity.
- Experience with Ardex and accurate record keeping skills.
- Extensive experience within all aspects of reproduction on a large thoroughbred farm.
- Sound computer skills including the use of MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills.
The successful candidate would be responsible for:
- Booking mares to their respective stallions.
- Organising departures, arrivals and movements of horses around the farm.
- Assisting with vetting mares during the breeding season.
- Record keeping for all aspects of reproduction.
- Liaising with the Stud Manager to make decisions regarding all aspects of the farm.
- Ensuring the day to day running of the stud farm is to a high standard to allow each section to continue to run smoothly with sufficient supplies and materials. (e.g. keeping track of the amount of feed, hay, wood shavings, etc that need to be ordered)
Though these positions would ideally be suited to those that have extensive experience within the respective roles, those whom feel they have the motivation, ability and willingness to learn are encouraged to apply. Assuming they have a sound amount of knowledge and experience to take on a new role within one of the Hunter Valley’s largest stud farms. These positions would be a perfect opportunity for a couple to take the next step in their careers within the Thoroughbred Industry.
We are seeking applicants that are willing to take pride and responsibility within their roles and contribute to the success and development of the business. Applicants should have a positive attitude and a holistic view to team development and moral.
Singles whom are interested in either individual positions are also encouraged to apply.
Accommodation is provided on farm with electricity included. The opportunity to bring your own horse is also available. An attractive remuneration package will be negotiated depending on the applicant’s experience.
Please forward all applications & enquiries to Kate at firstname.lastname@example.org