Yulong Stud is seeking a highly skilled horse person, to join our team as Broodmare Manager, based in Nagambie, Victoria.
The successful applicant should have suitable experience working with broodmare and foals and have worked in a similar role with-in the industry with a minimum of 3 years’ experience. Managing staff is imperative and ability to communicate with senior management and our resident vet is crucial. An extremely high standard of care for horses under your management is expected.
The successful applicant will possess but not limited to the following skills:
• Overseeing the care of all Broodmares and foals
• Sound understanding of all mare reproduction and vet work scheduling
• Administering treatments IV and IM, as well as bandaging
• Attendance at foaling as required
• Foal conformation assessments
• Pre and post-natal care
• Maintaining records, drenching, vaccination, veterinary and farrier
• Ability to organize and communicate with staff for the day to day running of the Farm
• Full driver’s License and own vehicle (Truck license preferred but not essential)
• A positive outlook and a passion for your job
This an exciting opportunity to be involved in the growth of Yulong. If you think that you have the passion and drive moving forward in your career. Please don’t hesitate to apply.
There will be a generous salary package for the successful candidate.
Applications should be sent including CV and referees to : firstname.lastname@example.org
Only successful applicants will be contacted