Bookkeeper / Office Manager
First Light Racing specialises in racehorse ownership - allowing individuals and groups to share ownership in racehorses and experience the great thrill of racing. Our company's mission is to offer our clients 'the ultimate racehorse ownership experience' by providing every owner with premium communication and insight into their racehorse, plus unique access & invitations to social events.
Website – www.firstlightracing.com.au
Due to a departing employee, we require a full time bookkeeper/office manager to join our team of five. We are located in Melbourne CBD in a young and energetic office.
Our business runs many wonderful social events, and has a great culture. We believe in a work/life balance, and the role will encompass many facets of the business as you link in with different staff.
The successful applicant will have:
- A great work ethic, and attention to detail
- Xero accounting software is highly preferred
- Excellent English skills; both oral and written
- Knowledge/passion in horse racing is desired, but not essential
- Previous experience in administration/finance/bookkeepoing roles
- Experience with Stallion horse software would be ideal, but not essential
- The ability to perform bookkeeping tasks such as month-end invoicing, payroll, bank reconciliation, debtor collections, maintain creditors, plus more.
- The ability to perform admin tasks; P.A. to the directors, answer phone, email responses, pay bills, postage, schedule meetings, ASIC requirements, paperwork collection, filing, etc.
- Assist in preparation of month-end / year-end reports with directors and external accountant
If you have strong administrative skills, a great work ethic and want to join a young, fun and exciting team, we would like to hear from you.
To apply, please forward your resume accompanied by a cover letter addressing your suitability in relation to the above points.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Thanks and good luck!
Please apply by email only.