HQ Insurance offers bloodstock (thoroughbreds, sports horses and livestock) insurance. Our role as a broker dictates that we do the legwork for our clients by sourcing the best cover from specialist underwriters, saving our clients time and money. All of our team are actively involved in the horse industry and have been for the greater part of their working lives, making HQ Insurance rich in experience, passion and aptly the Head Quarters of equine insurance.
A career opportunity has become available for a dedicated Claims Manager, facilitating claims for bloodstock mortality and life saving surgery on behalf of our clients.
The role will entail:
- Claims management including facilitating all injury, illness and claims documentation on our internal system as well as liaising with London Insurance teams to provide up to date information and claims documents
- Identifying & contributing to process improvement initiatives
- The opportunity to travel interstate and attend thoroughbred auction sales
- Data entry of all injury, illness and claims details
- Processing, updating and managing electronic documents
- Liaising with horse studs, trainers, veterinary practices and veterinarians to obtain health documentation and reports
- On the job training provided
Desirable Experience (Not all required):
- Claims Management experience in the insurance industry
- Experience and/or knowledge in the thoroughbred, standardbred or livestock industry
- Tier 1, Tier 2 or a Diploma of Financial Services (Insurance Broking) or another financial qualification is highly desirable
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- Professional, reliable and the ability to work autonomously with minimal guidance
- Ability to travel on occasion for Thoroughbred Auction Sales
This role is based in our North Sydney office.
Salary commensurate with experience plus annual bonus incentives.
If this sounds like you, we would welcome the opportunity to receive your CV and cover letter.
P: 02 8913 1640