Harness Racing Victoria (HRV), a statutory body, is responsible for the control, development, and promotion of the Victorian harness racing industry. With strong links to rural and regional communities, we are committed to developing a vibrant and sustainable harness racing industry which promotes participation, integrity, and racing excellence.
It is a rare opportunity to join the Harness Racing Victoria’s Integrity Unit in this newly created role and contribute to upholding the integrity of the sport.
The primary purpose of this role is to collate and provide technical advice relating to wagering and form analysis to ensure the integrity of harness racing in Victoria is maintained.
The key responsibilities of this role include:
- Monitoring of market movements and daily wagering activities on Victorian harness races which include telephone betting, recordings, betting exchanges, pari-mutuel, and corporate bookmakers to develop profiles and patterns of behaviours.
- Report suspicious betting activity to Stewards at race meetings in real time
- Provide advice to the Integrity Department on wagering market anomalies/that may require further investigation
- Conduct investigations into betting irregularities as required
- Provide forensic research on betting information, identifying significant transactions, potential links to industry participants and similarities including regular or irregular betting patterns.
- Produce clear and concise intelligence reports
- Assist in the maintenance and development of manuals and process documents to ensure they are current and reflect Integrity Department objectives
Ideally, we are seeking an applicant who meets the following key criteria:
- Demonstrated analytical skills, especially in the collation and interrogation of data and report writing
- Understanding of the Australian Harness Racing Rules in relation to betting obligations
- Established and extensive understanding of Betting and their application to the racing industry
- Proven working knowledge of Bookmaker operations and betting systems
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytical skills, especially in the collation and interrogation of wagering and form data report writing
- Proven high level communication and interpersonal skills to enable interaction with a diverse range of key stakeholders
- Competence in using analytical software, use of major Microsoft applications including Microsoft Excel (spread sheet creation and the use of formulas and functions) and the ability to maintain and databases
- Knowledge of the Racing and Gaming Acts
- Demonstrated intermediate knowledge of web analytics
- Demonstrated ability to diagnose, analyse, conceptualise and problem solve complex issues and recommend solutions
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Able to present information in a logical and clear manner.
- Strong organisational skills
- Knowledge and an understanding of, or an interest, or experience in the operations of the racing industry would be advantageous
HRV is committed to providing a flexible and inclusive work culture that values and supports diversity and inclusion. We offer great benefits to our staff including:
- Flexible working arrangements
- Employee Assistance Program
- Social Club
- Discounted Health Insurance
- Flu Vaccinations
The successful applicant will be required to successfully complete background checks in accordance with company policy.
To apply click here
Applications close 26 September 2020