Segenhoe Stud, a leading thoroughbred breeding and spelling operation in the Upper Hunter Valley, NSW Australia is seeking a competent and experienced assistant yearling manager to join our team.
Duties will include:
- Training and preparing horses for major sales
- Overseeing a small team of staff
- Handling, exercising and caring for horses
- Teaching horses to be groomed and accept bridle, head collar, rug etc.
- Teaching horses to walk, stand and parade correctly
- Caring for horses at sales
- Overseeing daily care and supervision of horses, paddocks and stable work
- Applicants for the Horse Trainer role must have a minimum of 2 years full time professional experience with thoroughbred horses, including educating horses for yearling sales and ability to take and provide instructions
- Proven ability to train and educate young horses
- Knowledge of safe operation of all equipment and use of personal protective equipment
- Sound knowledge of health and safety obligations and demonstrated skills in safe operation of equipment relevant to the training and preparation of racehorses
An approachable enthusiastic manner with the ability to fit into a dedicated team is essential.
- A Certificate III or equivalent International qualification
The salary package will reflect your skills and experience and will be in the range of $45,000 to $55,000 per annum depending upon the role above. In addition, subsidised accommodation on the farm is available.
Please forward your resume outlining your horse experience and references via email to Brian.Clarke@segenhoegroup.com.au