Tony Noonan Racing is currently seeking expressions of interest for a Horse Trainer/Rider/Senior Foreperson to join our growing stables of horses in Mornington, Victoria.
All applicants must have a minimum of 5-years full time professional experience in the role, or 3-years full time experience and a relevant qualification.
In addition, the following will be required:
- Knowledge and experience of horse training and handling methods specific to thoroughbred racing
- Demonstrated ability to train and educate young horses including riding horses at all paces
- Evidence that you have a good analytical mind to assess a horse's progress and attributes and ability to make training and feeding program adjustments
- Proved experience representing a stable on race day
- Demonstrated experience managing a team of riders and stable staff
- Proven as reliable workers, with excellent horsemanship skills
- Oral and written communication skills of a level to take instruction and provide information
- Knowledge of safe operation of all equipment and use of personal protective equipment
- Sound knowledge of health and safety obligations and demonstrated skills in safe operation of equipment relevant to the training and preparation of racehorses
Salary commences from $55,000.
We ask that applicants apply via email to email@example.com detailing your experience in the racing industry, evidence of a previous leadership position and two written references.