David Pfieffer Racing at Warwick Farm is looking for an experienced hands on Assistant Trainer/ Foreman to join our growing team. We require a strong and motivated team leader to manage the day to day running of our small team of staff and stable of 40+ horses.
The successful applicant will be a competent horseman/woman and has a strong passion for the Racing Industry.
The position is full time with early morning starts and rostered afternoon & weekend work. You will also be required to attend race meetings.
Your salary will be above award – in the range of $60,000 to $80,000 per annum depending upon the level of responsibility.
• Administering equine drugs & understanding of the rules of Australian racing
• Understanding of exercise regimens based on what horses are being trained for and oversee these exercises and evaluate the horse’s health and check for injuries.
• Ensuring the horse's are well-fed and groomed. Monitor each horse’s nutritional needs and diet, recording eating habits.
• Reporting to the trainer, office manager & owners.
• Mentoring staff.
• Minimum 3 years’ experience within the racing industry as a stablehand/track rider.
• Experience handling & educating young horses.
• Excellent communication & time management skills.
• Drivers licence.
Applicants that do not yet possess foreman experience, but have shown a willingness to learn and keen work ethic in previous roles, are also encouraged to apply.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with an accomplished and respected trainer. Most suited for someone who is wanting to become a future trainer themselves.
Please send resume to email@example.com or call David 0416 757 299 between 8am & 4pm