The Danny O'Brien Racing has an opportunity for an assistant trainer to join our young and vibrant team in the Barwon region.
ASSISTANT TRAINER – POSITION DESCRIPTION
- To assist Trainer and work with fellow Assistant Trainer's in running of a thoroughbred racing stable.
Scope of Role
- Full-time Position with Danny O’Brien Racing on a fortnightly roster.
- Manage daily operations of horse racing stable with fellow Assistant Trainer
- Co-ordinate morning work list daily
- Lead staff to achieve an effective harmonious daily routine
- Oversee post work care of horses
- Manage full-time, part-time and casual staff
- Represent Stable at race meetings and liaise with Jockeys, Owners, Staff and Media when required
- Ensure detailed records are kept on each horse
- Assist trainer in track work and race programming when required
- Manage the horse tack inventory for the stable;
- Manage the stock supplies & purchase orders with General Manager for horse supplies including feed, stable bedding etc;
- Co-ordinate Stable’s Work Safe Program & Employer Obligations
- Liaise directly with external Suppliers including Vet, Farriers, Feed Companies
- Work with the Trainer, General Manager and fellow Assistant Trainer to service Owners
- Liaise directly with Track Manager regarding condition of Training tracks & Stable Conditions
- Any other tasks as directed by Trainer & General Manager
- Horse handling and racing stable experience is essential.
- Reliable, enthusiastic and self motivated person that works well within, and can also lead, a youthful team environment.
- History managing people within a racing stable
- Excellent communication skills
- Applicants are asked to send a cover letter and resume including references to Matt Harrington via email (email@example.com) ensuring their experience for this role is highlighted.