Cloud 9 Thoroughbreds have an exciting position newly available and is seeking applications for a dedicated Assistant Trainer at our Sutton Grange based stable to assist Head Trainer Brent Stanley with the day to day management of all facets of the training business
As Assistant Trainer, you will report direct to Head Trainer and be responsible for, but not limited to the following duties;
- Implementing training and exercise programs as scheduled by the Head Trainer
- Oversee and maintain communication with Head trainer and management staff to ensure effective coordination of activities, including but not limited to feeding, track work, spelling, horse movements, race day preparation, OH&S and horse welfare
- Oversee the management of employees and race day allocations
- Stable representation on race day
- Follow supplement and stable veterinary schedules
The successful applicant should possess the following qualities;
- Knowledge, skills and experience in the thoroughbred industry with a minimum of 5 years in a leadership role
- Excellent motivation and time management skills
- Excellent communication skills at all level
- Knowledge of health and safety obligations and demonstrated skills in the safe operation of equipment relevant to the training and preparation of racehorses
- Current Drivers Licence- preferably with Heavy Vehicle License
- The ability to ride work will be look upon favourably but is not essential.
Cloud 9 Thoroughbreds are looking for someone to be a part of a young, successful & growing stable and join a team where you have the ability to contribute to future growth objectives.
The successful applicant will be offered an attractive remuneration package and all applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
Please forward your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org