We are seeking an energetic and results focused Assistant Thoroughbreds Manager to join our growing thoroughbred horse stud and pre-training facility near Lancefield, 70km north of Melbourne.
The successful applicant must have a high level of thoroughbred knowledge and be a competent track rider.
Your role will be to work closely with senior management tasked with but not limited to riding, nutrition, feeding, injury management including treatment, transport, pre-training and overall health and welfare.
Responsibilities and desirable skills:
- High level of knowledge and experience in the thoroughbred / racing industry;
- Excellent animal husbandry skills including feeding and daily care of horses;
- Experience in pre-training and breaking horses is desired but not essential;
- Experience in breeding and foaling down is desired but not essential;
- Pasture, farm and infrastructure management skills are important;
- Desire to learn new skills, think on your feet, manage time effectively, plan ahead and achieve success at the elite level;
- Ability to work unsupervised and as a part of a team;
- Good communication, record keeping and computer skills;
- A high degree of proficiency and cleanliness, strong attention to detail and keen observation skills;
- Current drivers licence (HR preferred).
An attractive salary package including phone and vehicle will be negotiated commensurate with skills and experience.