Yulong Investments is seeking an very experienced horse person to join their team to be based at our property in Bayles, Victoria.
This position is an assistant to the Manager and experience within the Thoroughbred Racing or Breeding industry is required.
The duties would include, but not limited to, the following -
- day to day care of all horses on the property which includes breeding stock, yearlings, spelling racehorses and quarantine horses
- administer medications and treatments including bandage changes of intensive care horses as per directed by Vets and the Manager
- up-keep of the property including paddock and general maintenance requirements
- handle race-fit colts and stallions
- loading of horses onto horse trucks and assisting with handling horses during Vet and Farrier consults
- provide oversight of contractors during farm improvement works
- adhere to Work Health and Safety procedures and objectives
This role would suit someone wishing to further their career and join a business that races over 100 horses and also has a large breeding operation in Victoria.
Renumeration will be based an experience and will be highly competitive.