An exciting opportunity exists for an experienced, hard-working, and conscientious assistant foreperson in our Warwick Farm stable.
The position would suit a dedicated and committed person who is reliable & able to think on their feet
The role will include:
- Assisting in the day-to-day running of the yard
- Supporting forepersons in managing a team of staff which will include: planning, implementing, and management of staff tasks and rosters.
- Attending race days as a stable representative, as required
- Assisting veterinarians with treatments
- Overseeing necessary stable procedures including feeding routines, horse movements, race day preparation, general maintenance of facilities and equipment
- Have excellent communication & time management skills
- Be a natural horseperson with excellent horse handling skills
- Show high attention to detail
- Have a willingness to work hard and adapt to change quickly
- Have a good understanding of the health & safety obligations within a stable
- Works well in a team with maturity to give, and take directions
- Be reliable and punctual
- Have transportation and a current driver’s license
- Previous experience in a similar role is essential
If you want to be a part of a young, successful & growing stable, then look no further than Ciaron Maher Racing.
Interested applicants should apply in writing, including a resume and cover letter outlining what prior experience you have.
Accommodation in the staff share house may be available.
References are required.
Due to current COVID restrictions, only applicants living in Australia can be considered at the moment.
Applications will be held in the strictest of confidence.