Godolphin has an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Farm Manager to be based at its Woodlands operation near Denman NSW.
Reporting to the Farm Manager, the Assistant Farm Manager is responsible for the establishment and maintenance of grazing pastures and fodder production vital in ensuring that farming objectives meet Godolphin goals in terms of pasture quality and production for its thoroughbred breeding programs. This role is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day farming operations and staff management and is also responsible for the care and management of the farms beef cattle herd.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Supervise daily farming operations and activities such as irrigation and machinery operations in ploughing, sowing, topping, spraying and harvesting
- Oversee cattle health and management according to the cattle program
- Responsible for supervision and management of staff
- Responsible for operation of the pasture irrigation system
- Implementation of pasture and grazing management program
- Monitor soil & pasture health and moisture, identifying weeds and insects
- Highly developed people management skills and willingness to foster and lead a positive, respectful, inclusive safe culture
- Proven experience in establishing & maintaining grazing pastures according to seasonal & nutritional needs and conditions
- Excellent communication skills including IT confidence.
- Demonstrated experience in operational beef cattle husbandry with contemporary approaches to, sustainable, best practice animal welfare
- Current Drivers Licence, with relevant certifications and a preparedness to work out of hours and weekends as required
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive remuneration package
- Quality uniforms
- A chance to work at one of Godolphin’s premium breeding locations
- Accommodation may be available for the right applicant
All applications will be dealt with in the strictest confidence.
Please apply in writing by Friday 6th August 2021 to:
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted directly.