Super Gardens is a successful, established, privately owned business, spanning over 28 years, specialising in Grounds and Garden Maintenance and Commercial Landscape Construction.
We have a fantastic opportunity if you love the outdoors, are enthusiastic and have a keen eye for detail to start your apprenticeship with a company experiencing continued growth.
We are seeking a Horticulture (Parks and Gardens) Apprentice to launch their careers, join our team and gain a qualification in Certificate III in Parks and Gardens.
To start with, you will work onsite at one of our high profile clients, Caulfield Racecourse and attend TAFE to complete your Certificate III Parks and Gardens. Working alongside our Head Gardener, you will work in a team while learning a range of duties including:
• Mowing; whipper snipping, pruning, blowing, weeding and rubbish removal;
• Gardening and turf maintenance: learning to identify and treat weeds, pests and diseases, general planting, feeding and fertilisation of plants and lawns;
• Learn over time to use a range of horticultural equipment including: a hand mower, ride on mower, blower, edger and hand tools etc.
• Drivers Licence, manual preferred but not essential
• Willingness to learn
• Excellent communication skills
• Be physically fit and able to undertake manual work
You will be required to work a minimum of 38 hours per week. Additional hours are required from time to time, including some weekend work and race days.
If you have a genuine passion and commitment to develop your career in horticulture, then we would like to hear from you.