Gooree Park Stud Pty Ltd
Mudgee – Central West NSW - Full Time
Gooree Park has recently opened its gates for thoroughbred agistment, spelling, pre-training, yearling and mare sales preparation.
We are now recruiting a motivated all-rounder individual to join the Pre Training & Spelling maintenance / ground staff. The all-rounder position is required to maintain the race tracks, grounds and training infrastructure.
As an All-Rounder you will have experience in the maintenance and operation of machinery and equipment including water truck, tractors and implement, mowers, grader, irrigators, pumps, etc. Experience with race horses is desirable but not essential.
Key Functions & Responsibilities
- Maintenance of the tracks, grounds and training infrastructure in accordance with the track rules and regulations.
- Ensure a safe environment for training track work and trialling of horses, stud grounds and infrastructure in accordance with Environmental and OHS best practices.
- Ensure compliance with Environmental and OHS legislation.
The Role involves
- Close communication with your supervisor and/or manager regarding the racetracks condition and requirement or any other concerns.
- Carrying out track maintenance duties as instructed by your supervisor and/or manager on both sand and grass tracks, including grading, conditioning, screening, watering and periodic re-surfacing of tracks.
- Basic maintenance of operational machinery and equipment, including pumps, water truck, tractors and implement, mowers etc.
- Assisting with the caring, handling and feeding of thoroughbred race horses when needed.
- Adherence to all instructions/routines as instructed by your supervisor and/or manager.
- Adherence to all stud procedures and OH&S farm requirements
- Other duties and tasks that may be assigned by either your supervisor or other persons specifically authorised by the Business Manager.
To be successful, you must have a knowledge and experience in the farming and thoroughbred industry.
We offer above the award wages dependent on experience and suitability to the position. Gooree Park Group strictly enforces a NIL tolerance to drug and alcohol in the workplace.
Please send resume with a brief cover letter to email@example.com
For more information, visit our website on www.gooreepark.com.au