The Cranbourne Training Complex is the largest thoroughbred training facility in the southern hemisphere, with over 140 licensed trainers and over 1,200 horses in training. The Complex has recently opened a second Equine Pool, and the Club is on the lookout for a Pool Supervisor to work afternoons from Monday to Friday and Sunday mornings.
This is a casual position and is available for an immediate start.
Key responsibilities for this role include:
- Ensuring Trainers and Participants are following site requirements before entering the pool;
- Maintaining the pool and ensuring systems are operating effectively;
- Maintaining the pool area in a presentable and clean state;
- Completing preventative maintenance and daily inspections of pool plant;
- Ensuring full compliance of OHS standards by self and stakeholders;
- Responding to accidents and incidents as required and administering first aid when necessary; and
- Securing gates and locking down facilities of an afternoon and on a Sunday morning.
To succeed in this role, you will possess:
- A sound understanding of the Racing Industry
- Relevant qualification and/or experience in horse handling
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- First Aid certification (desirable)
- Able to work afternoons and Sunday mornings.
Enquiries: Brent Scarlett, Cranbourne Training Centre Operations Manager, (03) 5996 1300
E-mail applications: email@example.com
Closing date for applications: Tuesday 21 December 2021