J.G. Goldner Pty Ltd (Goldners) is Australia's leading thoroughbred transport company, established in 1945. As a successful, longstanding and progressive business, Goldners believes thoroughbred transport should be low stress and worry free for our clients and their horses. We operate a fleet of 18 trucks from depots in the Gold Coast, Sydney, Scone, Melbourne, Brisbane, and Adelaide.
Goldners is headquartered in Southwest Sydney. We pride ourselves on the extremely high level of service delivered to our customers. With a presence at all of Australia's largest horse sales and transporting the best of the best racing and breeding horses, we strive to surpass our customers' expectations.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an Administration Manager with considerable proven experience in office administration, financial processing and reporting, customer service, and compliance. Reporting to the CEO, this is a key hands-on role in our business!
Duties & Responsibilities
- Office Administration:
- Prioritise and execute in a busy environment with a ‘yes we can’ attitude
- Get involved in all areas of the business from customer service through to scheduling and organising horse movements, booking trucks in for maintenance, and invoicing clients.
- Finance processing and reporting
- Manage internal accounting function i.e. debtors, creditors, cash flow, BAS, reconciliations, and monthly reporting
- Assist senior management in making critical business decisions by analysing and presenting key financial data
- Competent in standard productivity tools.
- Customer service:
- Deliver a very high standard of customer service and relationship management
- Build and maintain strong relationships with clients and communicate with clients and team members at a high level.
- Dig into the detail of fleet and driver compliance
- Help ensure that health and safety of our people and passengers comes first at Goldners.
What you’ll need
Ideal candidates will have a strong financial background coupled with a keen interest to get involved in business operations and customer service.
- Full unrestricted Australian working rights
- You are plugged into the horse industry network
- You are passionate about the horse industry, particularly the Thoroughbred industry
- Hands-on and self-starter mentality
- You are highly driven with outstanding organisational skills
- You must have high communications skills
- High honestly and integrity
- Great attention to detail
- Be calm under pressure
- Have high standards and a very strong work ethic
- Be coachable and have chemistry with your team members and management
What you’ll do
On a tight-knit management team you will have an integral role in the execution of our financial and operational management. Your colleagues will rely on you to provide financial information and insight and also as a peer in managing and completing the important daily work of moving Australia’s best horses. No task is too big, or too small. You’ll have to think laterally and thrive on every day being different. We’re all passionate horse-people so you’ll have to be too!
Why should you join us?
- Highly autonomous role - take full ownership of your role
- If you are the correct candidate and excel in your role, you will have the opportunity to move up throughout the organisation when opportunities arise.
- Package will depend on experience – If you believe you are currently over or under skilled for this role, still contact us. We believe in finding the right candidate for the role and are flexible on remuneration dependant on experience.
- Some potential to work from home and in separate office locations.
- You won’t be thrown in the deep end. We have a highly skilled Operations team already in place that will be your support.
- We have a great team work culture & environment, enjoy coming to work and have a laugh whilst here!
- Be heard! Add value! Own your job! Grow the role and love your job!
- Our head office is in Prestons NSW and is complete with brand new offices, a truck depot to house our 18 vehicles, a steam truck wash and pit along with brand new stables……….
………..Horses will be at your office window!