Inglis is one of the most prestigious names in the breeding and racing industry, specialising in thoroughbred horse auctions.
This is a full-time maternity leave contract working within the Accounts Department based at Riverside Stables, Warwick Farm.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the position of Accounts Payable Officer. Aside from full-function accounts payable, the role may also involve direct client liaison during our auction sales in both Sydney and Melbourne during the year, coming into contact with many leading trainers, agents, breeders and horse owners from Australia and worldwide.
The successful applicant will have the ability to work effectively and efficiently within the Administration team as well as within a broader area. This is a full-time role reporting to the Financial Controller. The successful candidate will be required to undertake some interstate travel and occasional work which is outside usual business hours.
The primary responsibilities include:
- Full function of Accounts Payable
- Account reconciliations and basic accounting general ledger entries
- Client liaison at Auction sales
- Excellent personal presentation and communication (both written and verbal) with strong customer service skills
- Exceptional organisational skills and ability to meet deadlines
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong computer skills - intermediate/advanced MS Excel & Word
- Ability to work independently and as part of a small team
- Prior accounts payable experience
- Knowledge of any large, commercial accounting package would be advantageous
- An interest in the Breeding & Racing Industry is desirable but not essential
Applications for this position must be submitted with your resume to
firstname.lastname@example.org by 31st May, 2018.