Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, this full-time/hands-on role is responsible for managing and advancing the maintenance, development and presentation of facilities at Geelong Racing Club, effectively and efficiently within budget and to best practice ensuring a sustainable, safe, compliant, clean and functional environment for co-workers, visitors and patrons.
The position is full time and will include some weekend work.
- The Racecourse Manager is responsible for the physical presentation of the racecourse and facilities to provide the highest quality racing venue for the attraction of stakeholders and patrons.
- To prepare an optimum racing surface (Turf and Synthetic) for the attraction of the best possible class of horses to all race meetings.
- To assist the development of an Annual Grounds & Facilities Maintenance Plan in conjunction with the CEO.
- To prepare and maintain training track surfaces that are conducive to providing facilities of a high standard capable of supporting the training of quality thoroughbred racehorses.
- To ensure that all vehicles and equipment are well maintained always and in the best possible condition to achieve optimum performance.
- To ensure that any necessary repairs and maintenance of buildings and racecourse infrastructure are attended to or reported to the CEO for action so that they are maintained in good condition at all times.
- To manage all tracks, grounds and maintenance staff to ensure they are working effectively and efficiently.
- Ensure that all duties as outlined are performed with respect to safe working practices in accordance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act 1983.
- To conduct him or herself in a professional manner and be well groomed whilst on duty at all times.
- Attend and complete any training programs requested to improve skills and abilities required to undertake duties.
- A successful track record in managing a thoroughbred racing and training complex.
- Experience in developing and implementing track maintenance programs is essential
- Turf Management qualifications (Certificate 3/Trade Qualifications minimum/ Certificate 4/ Diploma would be advantageous)
- Experience with computerized irrigation systems. Irrigation installation and repair.
- Working knowledge of machinery and ability to undertake general maintenance requirements.
- Understanding and appreciation of the racing industry and related systems and process are essential.
- Lead staff in the management and preparation of quality turf & artificial surfaces for the purpose of racing & training.
- Ability to attend to general maintenance of buildings, facilities and surrounds.
- Occupational Health & Safety qualifications will be highly regarded.
- Strong customer service
- Good time management, communication & organisation
- Ability to work under pressure to meet
- Strong team player and able to build
- Attention to
- Confident, self motivated and demonstrate a 'can-do' attitude.
- Honest &
- Chemcert Accreditation
- Current drivers licence
- First Aid Level 2.
RELATIONSHIPS & AUTHORITY
- Responsible to the Chief Executive Officer.
- Manage tracks, grounds and maintenance staff.
- Regular consultation with Industry Tracks & Facilities experts.
- Regular contact with Turf /Fertiliser/Equipment suppliers and contractors.
- Liaise with local trainers.
- Co-operative liaison with the Geelong Racing Club Committee.